Ir al contenido principal

Empanadas

I really like chilean empanadas, and I mean the fried ones, because their melted cheese has the best taste in the world. Most of the restaurants and food carts have many types of empanadas, for example you can choose the cheese-shrimp empanadas, cheese-mushroom, cheese-chicken (ok that is a lot of cheese... maybe I have some kind of problem :0). All of them are good at every time of the year, specially when it's hot and you can drink a "mote con huesillo".

You have a lots of recipes to cook delicious empanadas, but the best is the one made by my grandma. She has taught me how to make the dough many times; you only need flour, water and salt!! There are just three simple steps to follow:

1. Add a little salt to a cup of water.

2. Add little by little the mixture to a bowl with 500gr of flour. 

3. Mix until you have a solid but flexible dough.

At this point you only have to make circular shapes and add cheese (or whatever you want) to the half. Finally, you can close your dough and fry it until it's cooked inside. 

I know this food doesn't have much nutritional value, I mean, it's just carbs and oil haha. But I have to say; I can't wait to September 18th to make my Golgi apparatus dance cause all the empanadas I'm gonna eat. Literally, I couldn't wait, so you got me, June 19th, next to my friend Iguanna eating the best food you have in the whole world (she loves empanadas too, I hope...).

Credits to my g who took the pic :D



Comentarios

  1. ohhhh "mote con huesillo" is the best drink for me

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Fried empanadas are the best! I think nobody can wait until September 18th, you did your best.

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario